Saturday, February 14, 2015

Chocolate Book Tag: Perfect for Valentine's Day

Happy Valentine's Day!! I was going to do a tag tomorrow, but figured I would do it today since it's Valentine's Day after all. First and foremost, I am single and have never had a valentine and it's just fine with me. I also think it's important to note that I believe love should be shared every day and not just on Valentine's Day.

I am doing the Chocolate Book Tag because who doesn't like chocolate on Valentine's Day. I know I like chocolate all the time, as I'm sure most people do, especially women. Enough talk, let's get on with it:

1. Dark Chocolate: a book that covers a dark topic
    If I Stay by Gayle Forman. I read this is January. It's about a teenage girl who fights for her life after getting in a car accident that kills the rest of her family. She has an out of body experience in which she can see everything that happens around her and how the rest of her family and friends try to cope with the situation, but no one can see her.

2. White Chocolate: your favorite lighthearted/humorous read
    Marley and Me by John Grogan. Simply about a dog who misbehaves all the time except when someone is hurting or in pain or needs that special something to help them feel better.

3. Milk Chocolate: a book with a lot of hype that you're dying to read
    The Divergent series by Veronica Roth. I'm a little late to the game with this one, but the series did bring about a lot of hype with it. I read Divergent last year and now I can't wait to get Insurgent, the second book in the series.

4. Chocolate with a Caramel Center: a book that makes you feel all gooey in the middle while you read it
    Sing You Home by Jodi Picoult. I'm not going to give too much of an explanation because I can't really describe the feeling, but this book just melted my heart when I read it.

5. Wafer Free Kit Kat: a book that has surprised you lately
    The Thorn Birds by Colleen McCullough. I am currently reading it now and almost done it. To be honest, I didn't really care for it in the first section (to anyone who doesn't know, it's divided into sections for different characters) of Meggie, but after a couple days, I started to enjoy and "fall in love" with Meggie's character and the story on a whole.

6. Snickers: a book you are going nuts about
    The Fault in Our Stars by John Green. It's just an incredible story about a relationship that forms between two teens who are battling incurable cancer, but live life as normal as possible and doesn't really let it get them down.

7. Hot Chocolate with Cream and Marshmallows: a book that you would turn to for a comfort read
    I have several. Once again, I'm going with The Fault in Our Stars. But I'm also going to say For One More Day by Mitch Albom or any book by Mitch Albom really. His books have a habit of just speaking to me, offering me hope or comfort when I'm feeling down or something like that.

Hope you enjoyed this little fun tag and hope everyone has a good Valentine's Day.

Happy Reading and Keep on Writing!

♥Meg♥
   
   

No comments:

Post a Comment