Wednesday, February 14, 2018

Set Change (T'Gracie and Joe Reese) Book Review

2017 Reading Challenge

21. Set Change by T'Gracie and Joe Reese

Synopsis:
The residents of sleepy little Bay St. Lucy are thrilled to learn that a world class production of Shakespeare's Hamlet is to be done in their town. They are shocked, on the other hand, to experience the leading actor's vicious personality.
Murder will out--and it takes all of Nina Bannister's sleuthing ability to put it back in again.

My Review:
First off, I got this book because I like theatre and have acted in shows before. I am also familiar with Hamlet. 

Set in a small town, everyone is excited that there will be a professional production of Hamlet done in their community. After the production, the lead actor and celebrity is murdered and it's up to amateur sleuth Nina to figure out the case.

It was interesting to see a small community get recognition for once because they are often overlooked by big cities. Unfortunately, it got off to a slow start and I was still left unimpressed throughout the course of the book. There were several times in which I wanted to stop reading it altogether, but I like to finish what I start.

Nina definitely knew her Hamlet and a lot of the lines were used throughout the story. Honestly, I think that was overdone a little bit. I felt it took away from the premise. What I did like about this book was the ending. And not just because it meant I didn't have to read the book anymore. The pace picked up near the end of the story and it became an unexpected finish.

Happy Reading and Keep on Writing!

~Meg~




No comments:

Post a Comment