Sunday, February 8, 2015

Questions About Books

I came across this Questions About Books Tag and I've decided to do it. So here goes...

1. What is your favorite book?
    I can't really choose because I have so many favorite books. Some of my favorites would have to include: The Fault in Our Stars by John Green; Sisterhood Everlasting by Ann Brashares; Divergent by Veronica Roth; The Hunger Games Trilogy by Suzanne Collins; The Outsiders by S. E. Hinton; Simon's Choice by Charlotte Castle; The Help by Kathryn Stockett; Have a Little Faith by Mitch Albom; Night by Elie Wiesel; The Diary of a Young Girl by Anne Frank; and The Shack: Where Tragedy Confronts Eternity by William Paul Young.

2. Who is/are your favorite author(s)?
     Debbie Macomber, Suzanne Collins, John Green, Jodi Picoult, James Patterson, Danielle Steel, Mitch Albom, Veronica Roth, J.K. Rowling, Karen Kingsbury, Luanne Rice, and Nicholas Sparks. Once again, I couldn't pick just one and I do like more than what I have put down.

3. What genre do you prefer?
     I will generally read anything except for some thriller/horror and fantasy. I do read a lot of mystery and fiction and some Christian fiction.

4. What is your favorite book series?
    Once again, I have a few; deal with it
    The Harry Potter Series by J.K. Rowling; The Hunger Games trilogy by Suzanne Collins; Divergent Series by Veronica Roth; Cedar Cove Series by Debbie Macomber; and the Alex Cross Series and the Women's Murder Club Series by James Patterson.

5. What books did you hate reading in school?
    A Separate Peace by John Knowles and The Great Gatsby by F. Scott Fitzgerald. I'm sure there were a couple more, but these were the only two that came to my mind. Keep in mind that I had to read them for school and eventually I will go back and re-read them now that I'm older and maybe I'll end up liking them, who knows.

6. What is the first book you remember reading as a child?
    I don't remember an exact book, but I know I read several of the books in the Little Golden Books collection.

7. Bookstores or libraries?
    This one is real easy: bookstores hands down.

8. How many books do you own?
    I honestly have no idea, but I have a lot.

9. Do you read before bed?
    Sometimes. I always used to and I don't always do it nowadays, but I have been working on actually reading before going to bed.

10. What is your most comfortable reading position?
      Either sitting or laying down relaxing on my bed.

11. What is the most recent book you read?
      So far this year, I have read The First Phone Call From Heaven by Mitch Albom and If I Stay by Gayle Forman. I am currently reading The Thorn Birds by Colleen McCullough.

12. What quote from any book will you never forget? Why is it significant?
      "When someone is in your heart, they're never truly gone. They can come back to you, even at unlikely times." - Mitch Albom's For One More Day
      This just reminds me of my grandmother. I was really close to her and she was like a second mom to me. Unfortunately, she died almost 5 years ago and it was a very difficult time for me, as well as my family. I really do believe in angels and believe that our loved ones are always watching down on us from up above. I also believe that they send us messages/signs and I've felt the presence of my grandma at times when I just needed it.

13. Science fiction or fantasy?
      Science fiction, but really wasn't into it until Harry Potter and I have enjoyed the genre ever since. I actually had to read Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone for school in 7th or 8th grade. I started out not liking it at all, but ended up falling in love with that book and the rest of the series.

14. What books do you regret reading?
      I don't really regret reading any book. I have read books that I didn't like, but I don't regret it either.

15. How large is your bookshelf?
      I have two bookcases, both with three shelves each. They have held a lot, but not all of my books fit on them either and I keep them in boxes/containers.

16. On average, how many books do you read a year?
      I would like to say around 50. Last year, I ended up not reading that much because I had so much going on, but I've set a goal of 52 books to read this year and I'm hoping to surpass it.

17. What books can you read hundreds of times and never get tired of?
      Harry Potter, The Fault in Our Stars and any book by Jodi Picoult.

18. Do you like to read outside?
      I don't usually read outside unless I'm down the shore (beach) for vacation and then I'll usually read outside the hotel room at night because it gets really quiet and I like the air. I prefer to get comfy on the couch or bed to read.

19. What's the biggest lesson you've learned from a book?
      That there's always hope in even the darkest times.

20. Of the past year, what's the greatest book you read?
      Since it's only the 2nd month of 2015, I'm going to answer this on what I read in 2014.
      I have three: Divergent by Veronica Roth; Sisterhood Everlasting by Ann Brashares; and Catching Fire by Suzanne Collins.
      So far, the greatest book that I've read in 2015 is The First Phone Call From Heaven by Mitch Albom. Let's see if this stands true at the end of the year.

Hope you enjoyed this.

Happy Reading and Keep On Writing!

♥Meg♥

No comments:

Post a Comment