Tuesday, April 25, 2017

The Tales of Uncle Remus: The Adventures of Brer Rabbit (Julius Lester) Book Review

2017 Reading Challenge

3. The Tales of Uncle Remus: The Adventures of Brer Rabbit by Julius Lester
    Topic: book you loved as a child

Synopsis:
Whether he is besting Brer Fox or sneaking into Mr. Man's garden, Brer Rabbit is always teaching a valuable lesson. These classic tales are full of wit, humor, and creativity, and Julius Lester brings an added contemporary sense to these forty-eight timeless stories.

My Review:
I have loved to read as long as I remember, well since I learned how to read. I had many books that I loved as a child, but I went with this one for the reading challenge. I originally received this book when I was seven from my aunt and uncle. It was a favorite then and now.

It was nice to revisit Brer Rabbit and the rest of the delightful cast of characters. The forty-eight stories are black folklore tales passed on from generation to generation. They're great short stories for any race, however. I, once again, enjoyed the array of hilarious adventures of Brer Rabbit and his friends. Like most folklore tales and fairy tales, each story comes with a valuable moral or lesson. What I also liked is that it includes both color and black and white pictures throughout the book to bring the stories to life. What kid, or adult for that matter, doesn't like that?

What book was a favorite of your when you were a child?

Happy Reading and Keep on Writing!

❤Meg❤

No comments:

Post a Comment