Sunday, October 4, 2015

Sunday Funday: Les Miserables Musical Version

Sunday Funday

Les Miserables Musical versus Book

Since I posted my Les Miserables Book Review yesterday, I wanted to expand on that by joining forces with the stage production/musical/film of the novel and showing you my favorite parts from the book in the musical and/or film form. It's going to be done in no particular order.

1. Michael Ball reprising his original role of Marius Pontmercy (London Original Cast) for the 10th Anniversary Concert


2. Confrontation between Jean Valjean and Javert; Original London Broadway Cast


3. Confrontation again, this time Hugh Jackman as Valjean and Russell Crowe as Javert. This is from the movie version, but this actual video was while they were promoting it.


4. "Red and Black" - one of my favorite songs from the musical


5. "Bring Him Home" - Alfie Boe who's known for his role as Jean Valjean and the Mormon Tabernacle Choir


6. "Finale" featuring the cast of the 2012 movie version


It was good to know where the songs came from after reading the book.

Hope you enjoyed some of my favorite parts of Les Miserables. It's one of my favorite musicals and I hope you check it out if you're interested.

Happy Reading and Keep on Writing!

Meg







No comments:

Post a Comment