Sunday, January 24, 2016

Snow Day! Sunday Funday

Sunday Funday

Since everybody's talking about the East Coast snow storm, I'm going to talk about it too. It's been given several names including: Jonas, snowmageddon, and snowpocalypse. I don't get why media and people in general name these storms (except for hurricanes). It's simply a blizzard. And guess what, the East Coast tends to get blizzards each year. Of course, that's mostly the New England area, but most of the East Coast is used to getting a good amount of snow as well. It's only big news since this just happens to be the first snow storm of the season and it decided to give us a lot of snow at once.

Philadelphia's official amount came in at 20.8", which is actually a lot for us. I also measured the amount in my yard this morning and it came in at a whopping 22". I happen to like the snow, as long as I don't have to go out in it. However, I don't like a lot of snow at one time. Each year, I really want one nice size snow storm, but not exceeding 3 or 4 inches. Since I do have to worry about family members who have to work during these things (it's what happens when you're in the medical field like my sister-in-law).

Here are a few snowtographs from my area:

the intersection on my street
view from my house

neighbor's yard

outside the door
 
this is deep! me in the snow

bad angle, but it measured 22"
Now it's time for the East Coast to start cleaning up all this mess.

♥Meg♥


No comments:

Post a Comment