Monday, October 31, 2016

NaNoWriMo: No or Go?

NaNoWriMo (or National Novel Writing Month) starts tomorrow. For the month of November, the goal is to write everyday and create a 50,000 word novel. That comes to writing 1667 words a day. Am I going to do it or not? Well, you're about to find out.
The answer is both. How is that possible?

First, the No. I am not doing it officially with the online stuff. For starters, not all the keys on my keyboard actually work. Plus, I don't have Word yet, making it nearly impossible to know how many words I'm writing each day. Unless, of course, I count by hand which would take awhile.

Second, the Go. I am going to be doing NaNoWriMo unofficially or off the record. I will be using the opportunity to work on a writing project that I have been putting off. One of my dreams as a writer has been to write a memoir about my heart condition and my journey through a very rough time in my life. Hence, the putting off part. I did start writing it a few months ago with the intention of posting parts of it on my other blog, Writing With Meg and starting it off that way since it's a newer blog than this one. As I was writing about that time, it brought back a lot of emotions for me. I'm used to sharing that with those who have been there, who get it. Being vulnerable is not easy for me, and I'm sure it's the same for others. I usually don't show that side of myself to others. The whole purpose of the memoir is to spread awareness about Long Qt syndrome and dealing with it all. I will be tackling it this month and will be posting a portion of it on there. Saying all of this, I'm not aiming for a word count, as I said previously that I can't do that. My goal for November is to finish the first draft of said memoir. I will link to those posts on here when I publish them on my other blog. I'm going to start being more active on that one.

Happy Reading and Keep on Writing!

♥Meg♥

2 comments:

  1. Good luck. How come the program you use doesn't have a word count feature? I thought most word processing software did.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There were problems with the computer a couple months ago. Since getting it back, the word processing software has been hard to access. We're supposed to be getting office soon and then it will be easier. ~Meg

      Delete