Tuesday, June 26, 2018

Writing Update

Writing Plans for July: Camp NaNoWriMo

I recently signed up for Camp NaNoWriMo for July. If anyone is unfamiliar, it is a mini version of NaNoWriMo, held in November.

With NaNoWriMo, you are required to write 50,000 words. It doesn't mean that you'll necessarily reach that, like when I failed short to do so this past November.

In Camp NaNoWriMo, you can set your own writing goal, whether that be reaching a certain number of words or writing for a certain amount of time every day in July. I believe the Camp version is done a couple of times throughout the year in preparation for NaNoWriMo in November.

As of right now, my goal is to reach 25,000 words during the month of July. I am planning on working on a fiction novel, loosely titled The Widow in the Bookstore. I usually don't like to name something I write until I'm done. You know, I have never finished writing an actual novel before. I'm my worst critic and I usually scrap them because I never think it's good enough. I plan on changing that in July as that is my other goal: to finish writing a novel without stopping to edit it before it's done being written.

I will give daily updates here so you can follow along.

~Meg~

No comments:

Post a Comment