Tuesday, June 9, 2015

Young Writers/Authors Advice

It's late on Tuesday when I'm writing this. This will be the start of my writing posts on Tuesdays. And I promise it won't always be late. I'm still working on a title; I'm giving myself to the first Tuesday in July to figure that out.

It's going to be featuring writing advice, prompts, short stories, etc. I've decided to go with advice for young authors because I was young myself when I knew I wanted to be a writer. I'm in my 20s, so I guess I'm still relatively young (not for the intended audience of this post though) in the writing world.


I came across this just from scrolling around on Facebook. Aaron Shepard is a children's author and offers free resources on his website for anyone interested in writing, from librarians and teachers to children's authors, parents, kids, etc.

Most of these ten tips are spot on. I'm going to focus on just one of them.

Ask for criticism. This might not be the easiest thing to do, but it's important. Getting constructive criticism is crucial for anyone in any profession, field, etc. It's the only way we are going to learn to become better. The one thing to know about getting criticism is to not take it to heart. You should really try to have an open mind and listen to what a critic has to say. This is true, especially when it comes to writing. You're writing for an audience, so it's important that they essentially read what they want to read and not just how you want to write something.


If there are any young authors or writers out there, I hope you enjoyed. And don't ever stop writing.

Happy Reading and Keep on Writing!

♥Meg♥

No comments:

Post a Comment