Friday, January 2, 2015

Meg's 2014 Book Awards

As promised, I've come up with an awards post based on what I read in 2014. Actual book reviews will follow up in a post tomorrow or Monday.

Meg's 2014 Book Awards:

Best Overall Book:
1. Divergent by Veronica Roth
2. Sisterhood Everlasting by Ann Brashares
3. Catching Fire by Suzanne Collins

Worst Overall Book:
1. The Time Machine by H.G. Wells
2. Cutting Edge by Robert W Walker
3. The World According to Garp by John Irving
4. Sophie's Choice by William Styron

Best Classics:
1. Little Dorrit by Charles Dickens
2. Wuthering Heights by Emily Bronte
3. Gulliver's Travels by Jonathan Swift
4. The Stranger by Albert Camus

Best Book by an Author I've Read Before:
Sisterhood Everlasting by Ann Brashares

Best Book by an Author I Read for the First Time:
Divergent by Veronica Roth

Book that Surprised Me (Thought I Wouldn't Like but Did):
1. Divergent by Veronica Roth
2. Little Dorrit by Charles Dickens
3. Gulliver's Travels by Jonathan Swift

Book I Thought I Would Like but Didn't:
Sophie's Choice by William Styron

Best Mystery:
A Chorus Lineup by Joelle Charbonneau

There you have it. If anyone has any tips or advice about how I can improve or categories I missed or something, let me know.

Happy Reading and Keep On Writing!

Meg

No comments:

Post a Comment