Friday, December 26, 2014

2015 Reading Challenge

Christmas was yesterday and for me, it was good. The weather in my area was really nice and a little bit warm for the month of December, but it was decent and I couldn't complain. I spent a great day with my family. Obviously, Christmas is a time to celebrate the birth of Jesus, but it also happens to be my cousin's birthday as well, which makes the day a little more special. I got several nice gifts and I love every one of them. I got two books that I had asked for - If I Stay by Gayle Forman and The First Phone Call From Heaven by Mitch Albom. I'm a big fan of Mitch Albom's and have every book except for one and I can't wait to read this one. Hope you all had a great Christmas.

So I came across a reading challenge for 2015 and it sounds good and I figured I would give it a try. It challenges you to read 50 books (well technically 52 because one is to read a trilogy) from different genres or containing certain things or pertaining to certain people/things/time periods. It's not an incredibly hard challenge, but I think it's going to be fun anyway. This equates to a book a week if you break it down. The reading challenge is linked below.

http://www.popsugar.com/love/Reading-Challenge-2015-36071458

In addition, I'll be participating in the Goodreads Reading Challenge. Basically, you decide on a certain number of books to read in a year and try your best to accomplish it. You can read anything you want. I did it this year as well, but have failed miserably so I'm going to attempt it again and since I'm going to be doing the other challenge, I figure I'll do better in 2015. All you have to do is become a member of their site (free by the way) and set your goal and keep track of what you read.

www.goodreads.com

Happy Reading and Keep On Writing!

Meg

No comments:

Post a Comment