Sunday, March 22, 2015

Sunday Funday: Musical Theatre

So, this Sunday Funday is going to be a little bit different. I am currently starring in a local community theatre production this weekend and next.

I have decided to do a musical theatre tag since I'm in one.

The Musical Theatre Tag

1. Plays or musicals?
    Musicals. I like plays as well, but I prefer musicals.

2. When did you start liking the performing arts?
    My family and I used to go see the musical productions and plays that my local community does (which I have been acting for quite a few years now) when I was little and I have liked it ever since.

3. Ever been in a musical?
    I am currently starring in Hello Dolly, but previously I have been in: The Pajama Game; Once Upon a Mattress; The King and I; Guys and Dolls; Annie; The Wizard of Oz; and Bye Bye Birdie. I also was stage crew in my high school productions of: Annie; Bye Bye Birdie; Anything Goes; and Crazy For You.

4. What was the first musical you saw on Broadway?
    Unfortunately, I have not been able to see a Broadway show yet.

5. If you could be any female character in any musical, who would you be?
    Maria in the Sound of Music or Belle in Beauty and the Beast.

6. Which male character?
     For some odd reason, I would like to be Chip in Beauty and the Beast even though it's a small role.

7. Favorite musical song to sing in the shower?
    Season of Love from Rent, but also whatever song happens to be in my head.

8. Who is your favorite theatre actress?
     Idina Menzel and Kristin Chenoweth

9. Favorite actor?
    Neil Patrick Harris

10. Favorite film adaptation of a musical?
      The Sound of Music, Rent and Les Miserables

11. What do you think is the most overrated musical?
      My personal opinion, Annie just because I've seen it a lot in different versions and it seems to get old after awhile.

12. What musical made you cry?
      Les Miserables and The Lion King

13. What musical made you laugh?
       Seussical

14. Are there any musicals you saw and hated?
      I haven't necessarily hated any that I've seen.

15. What musical do you want to see as a film?
      The Book of Mormon

16. Which musical(s) are you dying to see?
      The Lion King and Wicked.

17. What is your all time favorite musical?
      The Sound of Music, Fiddler on the Roof and Les Miserables.

18. What would you do if theatre didn't exist?
       No idea because theatre and music are pretty much my life.

Hope you enjoyed getting to know my theatre side. I'm adding that my author spotlight from last week will be up tomorrow and this week's will be up as usual on Thursday.

Meg

No comments:

Post a Comment