Sunday, March 15, 2015

Sunday Funday: Would You Rather

I'm finally getting around to starting a new feature. I've decided to call it Sunday Funday, in which I'm going to do something fun, like a book tag, a getting to know me tag or something like that. So here goes:

Would You Rather Book Tag
I don't know if this is the original person who created it, but I'm getting it from blogger Sincerely, a Book Nerd: http://sincerelyabooknerd.blogspot.com/2014/11/would-you-rather-book-tag.html


1. Rather read only a series or stand-alone books?
    I'd rather read a series because they feature the same characters as they go along and sometimes I get attached to the characters. A prime example of a series that I like is the Cedar Cove series by Debbie Macomber. I really like the characters that she created and although each book may focus on different people, you can still read about the original characters as well.

2. Rather read a book whose main character is male or female?
    Personally, it doesn't really matter to me. I am a female so I'm usually drawn to female characters, but I've also liked books featuring a male main character. My favorite male main characters include Alex Cross from James Patterson and of course, Harry Potter from J.K. Rowling.

3. Rather shop only at Barnes & Noble (or other actual book store) or Amazon?
    While I have downloaded books off of Amazon and prefer reading on a Kindle or an Android device on vacation (face it, it's easier and lighter to pack a kindle/tablet than actual books especially if I'm flying somewhere), I would rather shop at Barnes & Noble and another book store I visit in the summer, Hooked on Books. Hooked on Books is a second hand/used book store and you can find a lot of older titles there for cheaper prices or new books as well for discounted prices. All books are in good condition as well. I like the feel of holding a book and the feeling of being excited about getting an actual book is something I enjoy.

4. Rather all books become movies or tv shows?
    I'd rather books be made into movies. However, I do prefer to read a book before seeing the movie version of it. Unfortunately that did not happen with Gone Girl as I've seen the movie, but haven't yet read the book.

5. Rather read 5 pages per day or read 5 books per week?
    I would love to be able to read 5 books a week because I would rather read more than less. However, since that isn't always possible or pretty much impossible to do in my life, I try to read for about 30 minutes each day/

6. Rather be a professional book reviewer or an author?
    I would definitely rather be an author. Writing is something that I've always enjoyed since I was little. I have been told that I have a talent of writing and I really do believe that writing really is one of my talents given to me by God.

7. Rather read the same 20 books over and over or read a new book every 6 months?
    Although I do re-read my favorite books, I would rather read a new book every six months or even less than that. I like to read different types of books (I like multiple genres) and there's always at least one book out there that I want to read.

8. Rather be a librarian or own a book store?
    I would rather own my own book store because I could recommend books or authors to people to read more than I think a librarian can. It would be pretty cool to tell someone they should read a certain book and then have that person come back and say it helped through a situation or anything like that.

9. Rather read only your favorite genre or your favorite author?
    I like different genres and I have favorite authors from pretty much all different genres as well, so this is really hard for me to choose. For the question's sake, I would rather read books from my favorite authors since they cover different genres.

10. Rather read only physical books or e-Books?
      I would rather read physical books because I could always go back and read over my favorite parts of the book. It's definitely harder to do that with e-Books, although you can make notes and highlight information that way as well.

Well, that's all. Hope you enjoyed and if anyone who's interested in doing this book tag, please do it!

Happy Reading and Keep on Writing!

Meg


3 comments:

  1. For me I prefer stand alone books more than series. That's not to say I haven't had book series I love, but it's easier to commit to just one book, at least for me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks. For me, it depends on the author. I do read both stand-alone books, as well as book series'.

    ReplyDelete
  3. To have time to read is difficult. I have been a non-fiction reader for years because it is easier to pick up where you leave off. However, I have gone back to fiction and I love it.
    I'm visiting from A to Z challenge.

    ReplyDelete