Sunday, February 28, 2016

Musical Empowered Sunday Funday

Sunday Funday

In two weeks, the local theatre company in my neighborhood will be putting on their annual musical. I've acted in it for several years, but this year I decided to take a break and just do stage crew instead. As we started some set construction yesterday, I was inspired to make this Sunday Funday all about musicals.

I compiled a list of some of my favorite songs from musicals. They will be based on what shows I've seen or heard (thanks to Spotify).

1. "Climb Every Mountain" - The Sound of Music
    The Sound of Music is my absolute favorite musical. This song is one of the best in this show. To me, it means to do what it takes to go after your dreams and don't let any obstacles along the way to get you down or give up.

For the rest of the list, they are just iconic songs.

2. "Circle of Life" - The Lion King

3. "Do You Hear the People Sing?" - Les Miserables

4. "Beauty and the Beast" - Beauty and the Beast

5. "Defying Gravity" - Wicked

6. "Tradition" - Fiddler on the Roof

7. "There's No Business Like Show Business" - Annie Get Your Gun

8. "Hello Dolly" - Hello Dolly

9. "This is the Moment" - Jekyll and Hyde

10. "Seasons of Love" - Rent
      This song, just like "Tomorrow" from Annie, has been overdone, but it still remains one of my favorites.

My theatre company is doing Man of La Mancha this year. While I'm not too familiar with the show/musical numbers, it is based on the book Don Quixote, which I read two years ago. Of course, I know the song "The Impossible Dream".


Happy Reading and Keep on Writing!

Meg

No comments:

Post a Comment