Tuesday, April 7, 2015

Family Relationship

 
For the A to Z Challenge today, I'm going to write about the importance of family.
 
     Everybody is a part of a family, whether it's actual family members or good friends that are like a second family. I come from a small family (large if I count in all my cousins and I do have a lot) and thanks to being part of a community theatre group, I have my second family of theatre friends. Both types are similar. There are the ones who you can always count on for being there for you no matter what and then there are those who you may or may not necessarily get along with at all times.
 
     Every family has their problems. I love my parents and brother, but like anyone else, they can drive me crazy sometimes and we don't always agree with each other. There's nothing wrong with it and it's normal in any typical family. But all families also tend to have more serious problems as well. Whether you come from a family that has had financial problems, drug or alcohol abuse, physical or emotional abuse, or whatever it may be, at the end of the day, every one is still family. While I won't go into any family problems that my own family has had, I can say that we've always managed to pull through together. Love will always rise above everything else.
 
     Forgiveness. There are always certain family members who will hurt you without realizing it. It's said that family will hurt you the most and it couldn't be more true. While it is more than okay to cut ties with that family member, it is also important to forgive them as well. They're still a part of your family and at the end of the day that's all that matters. If it's better to cut ties with the person, then forgive them in your heart and pray for them. Pray for them no matter what because maybe one day they will realize their mistakes and come back and change their ways. It's important to forgive and move on because once again, a common bond is shared.
 
     For the last part of this, it's often said that death or some other major incident will bring a family together. It's happened in my family and it will bring a family closer together. But why wait for something to happen before a family comes together. It's important to cherish your family because you just don't know when a family member will die or what not and then it will be too late to tell them you love them and so on. It will only make you regret what you didn't do or say that one more time. Remember, we begin and end with family.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Happy Reading and Keep on Writing!
Meg


 
 

 
 
 

2 comments:

  1. Hi Megan - thanks for visiting my blog. I think forgiveness in a family is important - in fact it is important in all relationships. Often you are hurt because you care and are close to each other. I think it is important to have people you can rely on when you need them and family for most of us is our first port of call.

    regards
    Anne

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Anne! That was exactly what I was going for in this. ~Meg

      Delete