It's X Day of the A to Z Challenge. Since X is kind of tricky, here are five new and maybe unusual words beginning with the letter X.
1. Xanthometer - instrument for measuring color of sea or lake water
2. Xenodochial - hospitable; kindly to strangers
3. Xiphias - swordfish
4. Xoanon - primitive wooden statue overlaid with ivory and gold
5. Xyloglyphy - wood carving
1. The Coast Guard used a xanthometer in the ocean.
2. Mother Teresa was always xenodochial.
3. We saw a lot of xiphias at the aquarium.
4. I wonder if there are any xoanon statues in India.
5. Chris was into xylography.
There you have it.
Happy Reading and Keep on Writing!