Friday, July 10, 2015

Grey Book Review

2015 Reading Challenge

13. "Grey" by E L James
Theme/Topic: Book published this year


Synopsis:
As a companion book to the Fifty Shades of Grey trilogy, Grey tells the story from Christian's point of view.

My Review:
I enjoyed getting to know Christian by him telling his side, as well as getting a better glimpse at his nightmares from his childhood that influenced who he became as an adult. I did find it a little bit harder to get into Grey in the beginning than I did with the Fifty Shades of Grey, but it still was a great read. To me, it would make sense if E L James would write the two other books from Christian's side of the story. For me personally, I would like to know Christian's point of view for certain events (don't want to give those away just in case anyone hasn't read the series) that happened in Fifty Shades Darker and Fifty Shades Freed.

I don't necessarily believe in a dominant-submissive lifestyle/relationship, but I have liked how E L James wrote or writes about erotic romance in such an unique way.

I will say this, though. In any relationship, sex should be pleasurable for both sides. But there's also a line that shouldn't be crossed and that's what I don't accept. Sexual abuse (and/or physical abuse) is not to be taken lightly and if anyone finds themselves in that situation, I hope they can find a way out. This is not to say that sexual abuse happened in the Grey series between Christian and Ana, but at times, I thought it was close.

Happy Reading and Keep on Writing!

♥Meg♥

No comments:

Post a Comment