Thursday, November 19, 2015

Carnival of Souls Book Review

2015 Reading Challenge

27. Carnival of Souls by Jazan Wild
      Theme/Topic: a graphic novel


Synopsis:
A story that takes you back centuries ago to climb aboard the first ever Ferris Wheel. Fasten yourself into the first ever rollercoaster, as you ride through time and help Jexter The Clown, collect the oddest of oddities, the most freakish of freaks, and the grandest performers ever to perform under the big-top! This dark caravan of misfits needs just one thing to complete the show fantastical...you!

My Review:
To get this out of the way, I usually don't read graphic novels. That means that this book just wasn't my cup of tea.

The Carnival of Souls is exactly what it says - stories about the souls of dead people who apparently own a carnival. Saying that, this book was just okay. Some of the characters' stories were okay, some were not. The parts I disliked the most were what I am calling the poetry parts. I'm sure there's a name for them, but I can't think of it. It's basically when a clown/someone is telling a joke or introducing the next act in a poetry kind of way. I found them to be lame.

If you're into graphic novels, comics or anime, you would probably enjoy this book. 

Happy Reading and Keep on Writing!

Meg

No comments:

Post a Comment