Thursday, April 7, 2016

Fantastic F's #atozchallenge

Day 6 of the April A to Z Challenge

A Book Extravaganza

Classic: A Farewell to Arms by Ernest Hemingway

Synopsis: In 1918 Ernest Hemingway went to war, to the war to end all wars. He volunteered for ambulance service in Italy, was wounded, and twice decorated. Out of his experiences came A Farewell to Arms. Hemingway's description of war is unforgettable. He recreates the fear, the comradeship, the courage of his young American volunteer, and the men and women he meets in Italy with total conviction. But A Farewell to Arms is not only a novel of war. In it, Hemingway has also created a love story of immense drama and uncompromising passion.

Other: The Five People You Meet in Heaven by Mitch Albom
            Follow the Stars Home by Luanne Rice
            The Fault in Our Stars by John Green (read my review of this here)



I've posted pictures of other books by Mitch Albom and John Green since I own them. I have read them all and have enjoyed them.

Last year, I did a post on Mitch Albom and featured the synopses of his books here.

♥Meg♥


6 comments:

  1. love that you have a John Green book listed. Are you by chance a nerdfighter too?

    Good luck with the rest of your A to Z journey!
    Sylvia van Bruggen

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by Sylvia! While I do like John Green, I am not a nerdfighter (I had to look that up). ~Meg

      Delete
  2. The only one I haven't read is Follow the Stars. Love John Green, and Ernest Hemingway... read the Mitch Albom ones a long time ago.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm blogging about books this month too. I remember reading The Old Man and the Sea many years ago.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by Cynthia! I'll have to check your blog out. I'll actually be doing The Old Man and the Sea when we get to letter o day. ~Meg

      Delete