Tuesday, April 19, 2016

Peculiar P's #atozchallenge

Day 16 of the April A to Z Challenge

A Book Extravaganza - featuring classics and some of my favorite books

Classic:  The Portrait of a Lady by Henry James

Synopsis: When Isabel Archer, a beautiful, spirited American, is brought to Europe by her wealthy Aunt Touchett, it is expected that she will soon marry. But Isabel, resolved to determine her own fate, does not hesitate to turn down two eligible suitors. She then finds herself irresistibly drawn to Gilbert Osmond, who, beneath his veneer of charm and cultivation, is cruelty itself.

♥Meg♥


8 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thanks Keith for stopping by. I never read it, but I plan to read it soon. ~Meg

      Delete
  2. Well that is an intruding story line!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think I did read this one. I went through a classics phase, and I know I read one Henry James. I think this might have been it.

    Liz A. from
    Laws of Gravity

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've been trying to read a couple classics each year. ~Meg

      Delete
  4. Had to share with you a quote that I have used during the #Challenge for the upcoming letter for T where I have been writing about hotels and inns. I am behind in reading all of your challenge posts since I started following you, but looking forward to catching up. Here is a quote I love and know you will too. "There are few hours in life more agreeable than the hour dedicated to the ceremony known as afternoon tea." -Henry James, The Portrait of a Lady.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nice quote. Thanks for sharing that with me Stepheny. ~Meg

      Delete