Saturday, April 9, 2016

Honorable H's #atozchallenge

Day 8 of the April A to Z Challenge

A Book Extravaganza - featuring classics and some of my favorite books

Classic: Hamlet by Shakespeare

Synopsis: It is the story of the Prince of Denmark who learns of the death of his father at the hands of his uncle, Claudius. Claudius murders Hamlet's father, his own brother, to take the throne of Denmark and to marry Hamlet's widowed mother. Hamlet is sunk into a state of great despair as a result of discovering the murder of his father and the infidelity of his mother. Hamlet is torn between his great sadness and his desire for the revenge of his father's murder.

My Favorites:
Harry Potter Series by J. K. Rowling
The Hunger Games Trilogy by Suzanne Collins
The Help by Kathryn Stockett



Fun Facts:
1. I originally didn't like Harry Potter. I had to read Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone in 7th or 8th grade for school. Science fiction/fantasy was something I really wasn't into, so I wasn't a fan of it until near the end of the book. To this day, I think that the first two books in this series are not as good as the others.

2. I only have two books in The Hunger Games trilogy pictured because I have not read Mockingjay yet.

3. I did an Author Spotlight on Suzanne Collins, so you can check that out here.

♥Meg♥


9 comments:

  1. I love your various combinations of books for each day's post. And I can't believe Harry Potter has been around long enough that someone had to read it in school. I must be getting old! LOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I wanted to have a variety for all ages. And yea, I was 13 when I had to read the first one, now I recently turned 29. ~Meg

      Delete
  2. Okay, you're making me feel old. I read the books, but I was an adult at the time. Oh, and Harry Potter has my birthday. (You're right. The series doesn't hit its stride until book 3. Stephen King posited that that was about the time she stopped writing them "for kids".)

    Liz A. from
    Laws of Gravity

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol. I read the first one when I was 13. Most of the series came out in my teens, except for the last one when I was 20. I recently turned 29. So it makes me feel old too lol. ~Meg

      Delete
  3. I lent my Hunger Game books 2 and 3 to someone years ago and never got them back...
    Nice collection of books for H!

    Yvonne V

    ReplyDelete
  4. This was great, Meg! I remember doing a paper on this in college. Re: Harry Potter ~ I saw another blogger write on this for H. Did you happen to run across it. I can't recall who. :(
    https://meinthemiddlewrites.com/category/a-to-z-challenge/

    ReplyDelete