Monday, April 11, 2016

Inspiring I's #atozchallenge

Day 9 of the April A to Z Challenge

A Book Extravaganza - featuring classics and some of my favorite books

Classic: I Know Why the Caged Bird Sings by Maya Angelou

Synopsis: Sent by their mother to live with their devout, self-sufficient grandmother in a small Southern town, Maya and her brother, Bailey, endure the ache of abandonment and the prejudice of the local "powhitetrash." At eight years old and back at her mother’s side in St. Louis, Maya is attacked by a man many times her age—and has to live with the consequences for a lifetime. Years later, in San Francisco, Maya learns that love for herself, the kindness of others, her own strong spirit, and the ideas of great authors will allow her to be free instead of imprisoned.

♥Meg♥


10 comments:

  1. This is one of my favorite books, Meg! Thanks for featuring it :)
    Many Blessings,
    Lori

    My A2Zs @ As the Fates Would Have It & Promptly Written
    Follow Me (Ravyne) Twitter|Facebook

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome. I actually haven't read it yet, but it's been on my to-reads list for awhile now - I just got to get a copy of it first. Thanks for stopping by Lori! ~Meg

      Delete
  2. I love the book-themed A-Z posts! We're all writers over at Really Real Housewives of America, so this is "write" up our alley :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like what you did there. Thanks for stopping by Ashley! ~Meg

      Delete
  3. I've heard of the book, but I never saw a synopsis before. Harrowing.

    Liz A. from
    Laws of Gravity

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope there's a happy-ever-after at the end of the harrowing tale? Great theme :-) Good luck with the rest of the AtoZchallenge.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I never read it, but it is a true story about her life. Yes, I believe it turns out well. Thank you! ~Meg

      Delete
  5. I love this book and I appreciated remembering it through your synopsis. Found your blog through the A to Z Challenge. Keep up the good work. www.dianeweidenbenner.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Diane! I never read it, but I want to. ~Meg

      Delete