Friday, April 15, 2016

Magnificent M's #atozchallenge

Day 13 of the April A to Z Challenge

A Book Extravaganza - featuring classics and some of my favorite books

Classic: Mrs. Dalloway by Virginia Woolf

Synopsis: It details a day in the life of Clarissa Dalloway, a fictional high-society woman in post-World War I England. Created from two short stories, "Mrs Dalloway in Bond Street" and the unfinished "The Prime Minister," the novel addresses Clarissa's preparations for a party she will host that evening. With an interior perspective, the story travels forwards and back in time and in and out of the characters' minds to construct an image of Clarissa's life and of the inter-war social structure.

My Favorite: My Sister's Keeper by Jodi Picoult


Jodi Picoult is one of my favorite authors. I did an author spotlight on her, which you can find here.

♥Meg♥


6 comments:

  1. I've tried to read "Mrs. Dalloway" a couple times and I haven't been able to wade through it, which is unusual because I LOVE Austen's works and books like "Remains of the Day." It's just different to me somehow.
    Calen~
    Impromptu Promptlings

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't read it yet. Thanks for visiting! ~Meg

      Delete
  2. I've never read anything by Virginia Woolf. I'll just add her to the list.

    Liz A. from
    Laws of Gravity

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't either, but I heard she's great. ~Meg

      Delete
  3. I like your A to Z theme! Mrs. Dalloway sounds like a good read. I've had Woolf's To the Lighthouse on my TBR list for a while.

    ReplyDelete