Wednesday, April 20, 2016

Quaint Q's #atozchallenge

Day 17 of the April A to Z Challenge

A Book Extravaganza - featuring classics and some of my favorite books

Classic: Don Quixote by Miguel de Cervantes (I had to cheat a little with this by putting this under Quixote for the letter Q)

Synopsis: Don Quixote has become so entranced by reading chivalric romances, that he determines to become a knight-errant himself. In the company of his faithful squire, Sancho Panza, his exploits blossom in all sorts of wonderful ways. While Quixote's fancy often leads him astray – he tilts at windmills, imagining them to be giants – Sancho acquires cunning and a certain sagacity. Sane madman and wise fool, they roam the world together, and together they have haunted readers' imaginations for nearly four hundred years.

Fun Fact:
I've been doing community theatre productions for a local theatre company since 2008. This year, we did Man of La Mancha, a musical based on Don Quixote. I chose to do stage crew this year instead of acting in it. The show was in March, the two weekends before Easter and my birthday was during the closing weekend shows.

This is the musical version of Don Quixote. I believe it's the official Broadway image.











The picture below is me with the actor who played Don Quixote.




♥Meg♥

4 comments:

  1. I should really read this one.

    Liz A. from
    Laws of Gravity

    ReplyDelete
  2. Since beginning to follow you during the #Challenge, I am behind in reading your posts. Trying to visit as many others as possible. Though seeing performances, I'm not sure I have read Don Quixote. Addicted to books, feeling I am well bread, I KNOW that I have hardly scratched the surface. So many books, not enough time. I am a day ahead of you, my R is a hotel in Rome that appears in a second novel I wrote. Wish I were writing to you from there rather than North Carolina. Having fun nonetheless. Cheers.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am actually on R too - it might not have been posted when you visited today - I have them set to post at a certain time each day. Thanks for visiting Stepheny. ~Meg

      Delete