Friday, April 8, 2016

Great G's #atozchallenge

Day 7 of the April A to Z Challenge

A Book Extravaganza

Classic: The Grapes of Wrath by John Steinbeck

Synopsis: It is an epic of the Great Depression chronicles the Dust Bowl migration of the 1930s and tells the story of one Oklahoma farm family, the Joads, driven from their homestead and forced to travel west to the promised land of California. Out of their trials and their repeated collisions against the hard realities of an America divided into haves and have-nots evolves a drama that is intensely human yet majestic in its scale and moral vision, elemental yet plainspoken, tragic but ultimately stirring in its human dignity.
A portrait of the conflict between the powerful and the powerless, of one man’s fierce reaction to injustice, and of one woman’s stoical strength, the novel captures the horrors of the Great Depression and probes the very nature of equality and justice in America.

My Favorites:
Goosebumps by R.L. Stine
Go Ask Alice by Anonymous
The Giver by Lois Lowry



Fun Fact: When I was younger, I pretty much would do whatever my brother did. Yes, I was the annoying little sister lol. So when he started reading Goosebumps, I read them too. Technically, they were probably not for my age group reading level, but I was a great reader.

Note: I am behind on visiting, but will be doing more this weekend.

♥Meg♥


2 comments:

  1. Hello from A to Z. I haven't read much Goosebumps, but I read a good number of R.L. Stine's Fear Street books back in the day. I mentioned Go Ask Alice a few days ago too. Like you, I am blogging about books this month. =)

    ReplyDelete