Monday, April 18, 2016

Outstanding O's #atozchallenge

Day 15 of the April A to Z Challenge

A Book Extravaganza - featuring classics and some of my favorite books

Classic: The Old Man and the Sea by Ernest Hemingway

Synopsis: It is the story of an old Cuban fisherman and his supreme ordeal: a relentless, agonizing battle with a giant marlin far out in the Gulf Stream. Using the simple, powerful language of a fable, Hemingway takes the timeless themes of courage in the face of defeat and personal triumph won from loss.

My Favorite: The Outsiders by S. E. Hinton


♥Meg♥


2 comments:

  1. Groan. Groan. Groan. No. Not the Old Man and the Sea... (Had to read it in school. Hated it.)

    The Outsiders, on the other hand...

    Liz A. from
    Laws of Gravity

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had to read both the Old Man and the Sea and The Outsiders in school. I liked them both. What was frustrating with the Old Man and the Sea was that I finished it early and I had to read it all over again when a test on it came up. ~Meg

      Delete